#100-7900 Alderbridge Way
Richmond, BC V6X 2A5
Hours of Operations
RYSA Main Office
Monday to Friday
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Monday to Friday
9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Open till 8:00 PM
10:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Roots to Grow:
Aboriginal Child, Youth and Family Program
"Aboriginal Wellness through Aboriginal Ways"
Who is the Roots to Grow Program for?
This program is for Aboriginal and self identifying Aboriginal Families in the Richmond, BC area.
What is the Roots to Grow Program?
This program offers Aboriginal parents and their children of all ages with one to one, group, family and caregiver support to strengthen individuals, families and foster placements. Children, youth and families are welcome to join us at the centre for drop-in activities, family nights, workshops, cultural learning opportunities and outings. We are able to sit down with you oen to one and discuss any challenges or needs you have and work with you towards resolving them and connecting you to any needed resources. We can also work with you to engage the Ministry or other government services to address issues or access supports needed. The program is client focused, confidential and works to provide culturally sensitive supports and services. Whether you are a child or youth having challenges at home, at school or personally; a family needing help; or a caregiver supporting a child of a relative or foster placement, we can help and provide access to assistance, cultural activities and social opportunities within Richmond.
This collaborative family program empowers each individual family member to participate in a variety of activities while:
- developing new life skills
- gaining awareness of the importance of health and wellness- and what that means for the family as a unit as well as themselves as an individual
- strengthening the family bond
- utilizing Art as a positive outlet
- connecting with our Cultural roots
- new activity idea’s and skills to bring home
- engaging in fun filled activities together
- laughs, smiles and memories to cherish
Each programming day is centered on a theme the whole family will enjoy. At the end of each programming day the families will have experienced something new that they will take home and continue to share with one another.
What types of programming does the Roots to Grow Program provide?
Family is our focus, and the sky is the limit. We encourage families to give program staff feedback on activities and workshops of interest. This assists program staff in creating programming based on the interests of the families in the program. Each program will be a unique experience for all.
- Cultural Activities
- Celebrating special events
- Special workshop facilitators and Guests
- Family nights, activities and outings
- Help accessing community services, resources and supports
- Help working with social workers, MCFD and government services
- Family preservation assistance, mediation and reintegration support
- Help for youth with education, career, life and independence planning after foster care
- Unique programming the entire family will enjoy
When and where does the Family Arts Program meet?
The Family Arts program will meet at the Richmond Youth Service Agency on specified program dates, unless otherwise pre-arranged. Programming typically happens on Saturdays but may also include some early evening weekday activities. Some programming may require pre-registration.