#100-7900 Alderbridge Way
Richmond, BC V6X 2A5
Hours of Operations
RYSA Main Office
Monday to Friday
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Monday to Friday
9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Open till 8:00 PM
10:00 AM to 3:30 PM
This youth-driven volunteer program offers young people (ages 13-18) in Richmond, BC the opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people, contribute back to the greater community, and gain volunteer hours.
U-Connect members attend weekly meetings, plan community projects together, and/or volunteer in our agency’s community programs.
- For any young person interested in volunteering with Richmond Youth Service Agency, joining the U-Connect team is the first step!
- U-Connect provides a framework for youth to receive the training, support and feedback needed to become successful volunteers and leaders
- Being a part of the U-Connect team is a requirement for all youth volunteers working with children and seniors in our agency programs
- While all participants are encouraged to attend the weekly U-Connect team meetings and are all required to complete our Leadership 101 training, their other volunteer hour commitments will vary depending on their interests and schedule
Who can join?
Are you a young person (ages 13-18) living in Richmond, BC who wants to:
- Give back to your community
- Meet new people and make friends
- Gain volunteer hours for school or club requirements
- Learn new skills
- Build and practice leadership skills
How to get involved:
1. Apply! To get started, you must:
- Complete the U-Connect volunteer application
- Participate in a brief in-person interview with the Volunteer and Leadership Coordinator
- Complete a free, mandatory criminal record check
2. Commit! U-Connect members commit to:
- Ongoing involvement during a U-Connect session
- Exhibiting responsibility, commitment and respect at all times during team meetings and their volunteer commitments
3. Participate! U-Connect members will:
- Gain volunteer hours and leadership experience through a variety of ways
- Choose their volunteer commitments based on their interest and schedules
- Make a personal volunteer commitment plan with the Volunteer & Leadership Coordinator
Participating in U-Connect:
How do you gain volunteer hours through U-Connect? By participating in some of the options below!
Weekly Volunteer Meetings:
- Wednesdays, 3:45pm-5:15pm, Richmond Youth Service Agency (#100-7900 Alderbridge Way, Richmond BC, V6X 2A5)
- Youth must have completed their application form in order to attend U-Connect meetings
- Dates and locations vary (all are located in Richmond, BC)
Contact Zavi Swain, Volunteer and Leadership Coordinator, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 604.242.3335.