#100-7900 Alderbridge Way
Richmond, BC V6X 2A5
Hours of Operations
RYSA Main Office
Monday to Friday
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Monday to Friday
9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Open till 8:00 PM
10:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Generation Homework Club (GHC) is a free mentorship program for elementary students Grades 4-7 that builds social skill, self-esteem and confidence through homework support, mentorship, and fun activities (both educational and non-educational).
- GHC tutor-mentors are youth members of our U-Connect Crew or local adult volunteers who have been fully trained to provide exceptional mentoring support
- Elementary students in GHC will meet with their tutors from 3:30pm to 5:00pm and spend approximately 50 minutes to an hour on school work
- There will be a 1:1 ratio between tutors and students as much as possible
- Each GHC session will have team building activities which enrich the students’ social skills, leadership and overall confidence
- Free, light refreshments are provided for each session
- Parents are required to arrange transportation for their children before and after each GHC session
The GHC program is free and provides a space for elementary students Grades 4-7 who need additional tutoring/mentoring support. Priority is given to:
- Students who are falling behind in school and are at risk to repeat a grade
- Students who are referred by a teacher or school professional
- Students whose first language is other than English
- Students who face lack of family/social support and are experiencing challenges at home
- Students who are unable to hire a tutor/mentor due to financial hardship
Parents: Parents can fill out the application form below to sign up your child. There are only 15 spaces per day and the program fills up quickly, so please register quickly and ensure your child can attend regularly.
School professionals: School teachers, counselors, settlement workers and other school professionals may refer students who are in need of tutoring/mentoring support to this program. To refer a student, please fill out the referral form below.
Please email completed forms to email@example.com.
Generations Homework Club Schedule (Runs through the school year)
Richmond Public Library
Hugh Boyd Secondary
Please note: Homework Club will not meet during Spring Break (March 11-24) or during other school holidays.
Contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 604.271.7600.